Friday, December 4, 2009

Salad


Ingredients:

1. Cucumbers 2
2. Tomatoes 4 medium
3. Bell pepper 1 (I use it instead of onion, you can use both)
4. Onion 1 small (I don’t like onion and my salad never have it)
5. Dry mint ½ Tbsp

Directions:

Cut all ingredients into cubes (onion cubes should be smaller)
Mix them and sprinkle dry mint over them.

Dressing:

1. Apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar ¼ cup
2. Olive oil 2 Tbsp
3. Salt to taste
4. Black pepper (optional)

Dilute vinegar using ¼ cup of water, add salt and olive oil and black pepper.
Add dressing right before serving.

In Iran most dressings are made by sour grape juice which is very delicious but if you want you may replace vinegar with lime or lemon juice.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Bouncy Biscuit said...

I like this fresh idea! Will try it out tomorrow for breakfast! Is it hard to find sour grape juice here? I'm going to do a little searching.

The days said...

maybe you can find in persian grocery store. Who knows;)