Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rice cooker style rice in pan


Ingredients:

1. Rice 3 cups
2. Salt 2 tsp
3. Oil 3 Tbsp

Directions:

You will need a very good and possibly new nonstick pan
Wash the rice thoroughly and drain the water.
Add 5 cups of water and salt.
Bring to boil and let it boil until almost all water is gone.
You should have a flat surface on top of rice (do not gather the rice in a middle like steamed rice that I taught before)
Make some hole and pour oil all around the parts that rice is touching the pan.
Cover lid on a piece of cloth or kitchen towel keep it tight, turn heat to low and let it steam for about 40 minutes or until a rice crust is surrounding between rice and pan.
Remove the lid put a platter upside down on the pan and turn the pan upside down in the platter.

You can serve it with any stew or even plain.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you enjoy the honor of being crowned the Queen of Rice? I love your great ideas.

The days said...

Thanks:)
Is this you, Annie?

Anonymous said...

Yep! I always forget to leave my name because it doesn't ask! Yeah. You know, I grew up knowing only one way to cook rice. That is putting plain rice and water in the rice cooker and press a button! My family's rice recipes never tamper with the cooking process. All ingredients are added either before or after the cooking.

The only non-stick pan I have is still the container in the rice cooker. But now I am learning new ways to play with it during the cooking itself. It's really fun. ;)

Some day I will write up some of my family's rice recipes for you.